** 2023 Opponent Preview : Colorado (Game 2) **

TGHusker

53 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Uh huh:lol:

So you kicked out $6600 to go watch a regular season game that is free on TV?

Hey, if ya got em, smoke em.

Technically, my company did. Taking client and his wife to the game. I expect it to be a memorable environment- excited to be going.

• Oh Yeah! 1
1 hour ago, Mavric said:

I was told the last tweet was fake news.

33 minutes ago, skers83 said:

If i'm paying that much for tickets,I would expect all the Huskers to show up with haircuts...be alpha males.

Alpha is such a soyboi thing to say

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lorewarn said:

Not really. We were usually giving a 7-10 yard cushion and they were picking us apart with the quick and short game. Thankfully we didn't allow much of any YAC, and we tightened up/they played more into the strength of our scheme later with longer and slower developing pass plays once they were down, but I think Minnesota's quarterback was 11/15 in the first half.

I agree "glued to their hip" wasn't accurate, but if 11/18, 86 yards, and no TDs is "picking us apart" I'm happy to let opposing teams do that all they want. Second half was 13/26, 110 yards. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
4 hours ago, Micheal said:

Limiting Colorado possessions and taking advantage when the Cornhuskers have the ball is a must. Run the ball, no turnovers, own the clock, own the game. 

...and don't get cute if something is working. They are loading the box and daring Sims to throw. Get some called rollouts, find the TE's, and use a pump fake if he is going to stare down the WR, for heaven's sake. I almost don't want to watch this. I hate CU and Knee On  

• Plus1 1

Looking forward to the storied performance jump between Game 1 and Game 2.

I think we will see a bigger test to the Huskers conditioning vs Colorado, with the combination of altitude and up-tempo, no huddle that they run. There was NOBODY (for the Huskers) standing with hands on hips in Minnesota on defense, but we were able to rotate people - as planned. If Colorado's offense doesn't substitute and goes fast, that will be a challenge and I'm curious to see how the defense handles that. Hopefully they go fast and three & out a bunch, which would turn it around and put pressure on THEIR defense with little rest. Especially if we can be successful at running the ball and sustaining drives against them. But if they creep up and put too many in the box, we gotta call pass.

IMHO, with the thinness at WR, the guy you need to put into the game plan is Fidone. I also would not be surprised to see Janiran Bonner used in multiple positions, including FB where he might get a surprise carry or two. They used Haarberg as a pass catcher last week and I'm interested to see if they make use of him again this week, or use him as a decoy, based on what he ran last week on film. He's a guy I wouldn't mind seeing with the ball, given his combination of size, speed and athleticism. I'd love to see Malachi and Jaylen put in there to take the top off of the defense (if nothing else). Give their safeties something to think about and open up space underneath for Kemp. EDIT1: With Rhule not mentioning Kemp and touching his nose when saying saying Fleeks had a good week (Kemp's backup on the depth chart) - I have the feeling that Kemp will be a large part of the passing game this week.

Rhule said that Prochazka would play some snaps and he's listed as 3rd on the depth chart this week vs Colorado. Don't know if that's mind games or what, but if he's gonna play, how do you not play Gottula, even though he's a freshman - given he's listed as Corcoran's backup and Corcoran's grades were abysmal in pass protection. I'd be surprised if Corcoran is in the game for a pass play this week, unless it is a designed QB roll away from his side.

EDIT2: Watching a motivated Ty Robinson fresh in the 2nd half and in for every snap, could be FUN!

EDIT3: If you are at the game, watch Tristan Alvano's warm up and how far back he tries kicks from. The altitude is a boost for kickers, and I would not be afraid to try Alvano from over 50 yds in Boulder.

• Plus1 4