** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

6 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

No need to be a smartass.

No need to puff out your chest with tails of how you were right and everyone else was wrong, either. 

5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Im personally tired of the entire thing being decided by where people want to go on vacation. 

But what should it be decided by? It's really decided by capitalism - should it not be? 

17 hours ago, Redux said:

Has nothing to with Grinch.  Has everything to do with PAC 12 is on par with Big 12 as far as defensive importance goes.  Whoever the DC ends up being they need to understand what it takes to be successful against the teams in our league.

If not Frost, I honestly don't know.  Not Leach, not Kiffin, not Bielma, not Miles.

It does matter if the actual perception is we fire coaches for winning but not enough.

Stanford has a BIG type of attack and Grinch managed to hold Bryce Love to 69yds. He has been able to successfully tailor a recruiting strategy and defensive scheme for the type of guys that they can get at Wazzu. He's shown adaptability. I think he'd do well for us. 

As far as those head coaches go I agree. Air-raid offense or retread hires that got ****canned from their last major college jobs are not the way to go. 

6 hours ago, Scoft trost said:

So, just want to say that noone in Nebraska needs to worry.  Frost is Lincoln bound.  No team offers anything more that he would be interested in.  Alma mater, dream job, home town, killer facilities, established tradition, red carpet rolled out fan base support, university who will match any other schools offer, parents in the back yard, hero mentor coach asking to come home, lowered expectations first yr,  and list goes on.  Noone outside of tuscaloosa understands what nebraska fans feel toward their team.  Sellouts are sacred.  The campaign led to deck the spec in orlando is a joke.  Even ranked 15th and undefeated its half full at best.  The knights are undefeated yet cannot get the place filled.  At capacity there are 45,300 people.  Only 6 times or so has it ever been sold out.  Lincoln sells out 87,000 plus over a period of 60 years.  Thats big time.  Its just silly to even question it.  Frost was a Husker.  Always will be a Husker.  As soon as this week, Frost will be officially announced in charge of the Huskers.  Any guy, gal, poster, media outlet or twitter figure who states otherwise is just asking for attention and retweets and or forgot to wake up to reality.  

While I’m impressed with your confidence, what source can you list to back up your claim?

7 hours ago, Scoft trost said:

So, just want to say that noone in Nebraska needs to worry.  Frost is Lincoln bound.  No team offers anything more that he would be interested in.  Alma mater, dream job, home town, killer facilities, established tradition, red carpet rolled out fan base support, university who will match any other schools offer, parents in the back yard, hero mentor coach asking to come home, lowered expectations first yr,  and list goes on.  Noone outside of tuscaloosa understands what nebraska fans feel toward their team.  Sellouts are sacred.  The campaign led to deck the spec in orlando is a joke.  Even ranked 15th and undefeated its half full at best.  The knights are undefeated yet cannot get the place filled.  At capacity there are 45,300 people.  Only 6 times or so has it ever been sold out.  Lincoln sells out 87,000 plus over a period of 60 years.  Thats big time.  Its just silly to even question it.  Frost was a Husker.  Always will be a Husker.  As soon as this week, Frost will be officially announced in charge of the Huskers.  Any guy, gal, poster, media outlet or twitter figure who states otherwise is just asking for attention and retweets and or forgot to wake up to reality.  

well-there-it-is-jeff-goldblum-jurassic-

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Dan_F_31 said:

Happy last day of the Mike Riley era!

I just hope it ends in respect.  Mike wasn't a good fit for NU as a football coach but he was an excellent face for the University.  I hope the fans will at least give him a standing ovation for hanging in there despite our poor record.  I especially appreciate the way he handled Sam Foltz death.  He did so with dignity and humility.  You gotta give him credit for that and other ways he tried to unify the fan base by reaching out to former players, traveling around the state and reaching out to the fans, etc.  He was a refreshing change from the drama of the previous coaching staff.  GBR!

• Plus1 6
Just now, ladyhawke said:

I just hope it ends in respect.  Mike wasn't a good fit for NU as a football coach but he was an excellent face for the University.  I hope the fans will at least give him a standing ovation for hanging in there despite our poor record.  I especially appreciate the way he handled Sam Foltz death.  He did so with dignity and humility.  You gotta give him credit for that and other ways he tried to unify the fan base by reaching out to former players, traveling around the state and reaching out to the fans, etc.  He was a refreshing change from the drama of the previous coaching staff.  GBR!

Yep. Send him out with a win and a loud crowd.  Dude just didn't work out.  He's been a dead man walking for some time now.  No reason to kick a guy when he's down.

Interesting times ahead for sure.  Wondering how close the "reported time lines" are for the transition....

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, lo country said:

Yep. Send him out with a win and a loud crowd.  Dude just didn't work out.  He's been a dead man walking for some time now.  No reason to kick a guy when he's down.

Interesting times ahead for sure.  Wondering how close the "reported time lines" are for the transition....

Me too (re transition timeline) I feel like Husker Nation is sitting on pins and needles waiting to hear what’s next although I like to think that the reason we haven’t heard anything is because the decision has been made and there isn’t anything to discuss. 

5 hours ago, admo said:

If we get Frost, that'd be great

Plan B, I like ISU's coach, Kelly and Leach.  Can't believe I say this but not sure there are any better cards on the table.  We got to get back to winning big

5 hours ago, Decked said:

Kelly turned us down. MC isn’t leaving Iowa State for NU. An air raid at Nebraska wouldn’t turn out well. Pass. Frost or we’ll have to hire someone like Sumlin or a rising OC or DC.

Fuente

55 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

I hope so, too, and i really think it will.  I know we dont like the results on the field and we do need to cut ties, but let's make it as civil and painless on him as possible.  He is a human being who represented N very well.

• Plus1 2
11 minutes ago, FlipPhone said:

I hope so, too, and i really think it will.  I know we dont like the results on the field and we do need to cut ties, but let's make it as civil and painless on him as possible.  He is a human being who represented N very well.

I'd like to agree, but the biggest problem is Diaco's scheme. The Hawkeye offense is going to road grade through our front 7 like powdery Christmas morning snow. 

We might complete some passes, but as we found out earlier, if we can't stop the other team, we literally have no chance. 

As some others have mentioned, Frost would be huge for this program, but what we really need is someone to make the Blackshirts into a formidable defense. THEN we can start competing for the B1G