Poll - How Many Wins - 2023 Season

2023 Win Total  

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I haven't felt confident in a Nebraska coaching staff in quite some time. Matt Rhule though, something about this hire just sits right. 

I'm kinda late to this party but I thought it was interesting that almost 90% of respondents thought we'd win 4 - 8 games. Why interesting? Because I can remember when anyone voting like that would have been tarred, feathered and run out of town. Now look at us. It is my hope this situation gets reversed this season and we show significant improvement on the field.

I'm thinking we lose to Michigan and Iowa so I voted for 10 wins. 

giphy.gif

• Oh Yeah! 3

19 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I think this is pretty spot on. I might flip flop Illinois and Minnesota or, better yet, just move Minny to a 50/50 game. Based on opponents, 7 wins should be very attainable. But based on Nebraska and recent history, almost anything is possible.

Yeah @JJ Husker I feel the same way you put it - that based on opponents (I will add new Husker staff, players, scheme, etc) that 7 wins should be attainable.  

I think I will be ok if we win 6 for bowl eligibility.  I think I would feel better if we win 7 games, because..... Like, why can't we do that with this schedule in this conference?  

1-3 games are for sure wins.  Other than that, we are all in a "wait and see" mood (Husker fans).  It is what it is unfortunately.  

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, JoeHuskers! said:

I voted for 9 wins, there isn't a game on the schedule that isn't winnable, except for maybe Michigan... I figure we drop that one and a couple of toss up games

I don’t think there are any games, including Michigan, that aren’t winnable. Heck, wasn’t it just 2 years ago where we had them all but beat at home? A couple bad calls and prob some self inflicted damage kept it from happening. But also I don’t think there is any game that can be penciled in as a win either.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

I was wrong about the Minnesota game last offseason.   I really thought that was going to be the year we were going to get em.  That was before I knew we would have Purdy at QB and a makeshift coaching staff.   Even then we where in the lead for most of the game.  I don't think they're as tough as many are making them out to be.  Just because everyone finally realized Fleck was better Frost doesn't mean we should over-correct and act like they're some unbeatable monster.  They're pretty mediocre, really.  

• TBH 1

44 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I don’t think there are any games, including Michigan, that aren’t winnable. Heck, wasn’t it just 2 years ago where we had them all but beat at home? A couple bad calls and prob some self inflicted damage kept it from happening. But also I don’t think there is any game that can be penciled in as a win either.

Specifically, the "bad calls"... the B1G officiating will again show it's ugly head if need be in the game. There isn't any chance in hell the game will be officiated fairly. The B1G offices will ensure that. The officiating will be incredibly bias in favor of Michigan because 1. they're one of the originals and 2. they're projected to be a playoff team. The B1G is the most corrupt conference in all of college sports as evident by the never ending scandals. There simply isn't a more blatantly corrupt group of universities than the OG's of the B1G. Mark my word, if the Michigan game is close in the 4th the officials will again determine the outcome. (Yes, I despise this conference and the greed & politics involved in it.  

• Haha 5
1 hour ago, Loebarth said:

Specifically, the "bad calls"... the B1G officiating will again show it's ugly head if need be in the game. There isn't any chance in hell the game will be officiated fairly. The B1G offices will ensure that. The officiating will be incredibly bias in favor of Michigan because 1. they're one of the originals and 2. they're projected to be a playoff team. The B1G is the most corrupt conference in all of college sports as evident by the never ending scandals. There simply isn't a more blatantly corrupt group of universities than the OG's of the B1G. Mark my word, if the Michigan game is close in the 4th the officials will again determine the outcome. (Yes, I despise this conference and the greed & politics involved in it.  

Disagree. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
3 hours ago, Loebarth said:

d7d4f3c2-2360-4527-b345-12cce89f9cf5_tex

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 2

I went with 6.  Prior to the Rhule pressers I was in the 4-8 camp tbh.  Rhule seems to be the 1st competent coach we have had since Bo (yes, I'm a Boliever).  He gets Nebraska and how to lean on the history, but create a new future.  Believes in development and recruiting kids for his system.  6 is a good bet.  Maybe 7 had we not lost Betts and Farmer (experience and depth are needed).  Rhule appears to be smart enough to use what he has until all pieces are up to speed.  I'm guessing 22 personnel as extra blockers/"more" experienced TE's and probably 2 back sets.  Again, "more" experienced skill position and extra blockers.  Bowl or bust for me (not Rhule), but in the short term of the season and NU NEEDING the bowl and EXTRA practices.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1