What did we learn? Colorado edition

THINGS I LIKED:

1. Defense played their tails off, and this game would have been different if we didn't turn the ball over in the first half.
  2. Husker fans showed up (as usual). It's too bad the team didn't.

THINGS I DIDN'T LIKE:

1. The entire offesive scheme. Our only points in two games have come off a trick play, a long QB run, and a TD with :01 second left.
  2. QB Jeff Sims. He is a turnover machine. Unfortunately, the truth is he should have been benched starting the 2nd half. (If as the head coach you have said in press conferences that you can't trust someone that turns the ball over, that has to apply across the board whether it's your running back or starting QB). He has turned the ball over multiple ways; (INTS, Fumbles, QB-Center-Snap exchanges, and even simple handoffs to the running back)
  3. This defense can't hold up without having some kind of offense to keep the ball away from the other team.

HOT TAKE:

• I still LOVE playing Colorado, and I had more energy and passion leading up to this game than I ever have for any Big Ten opponent we've played over the last decade. I really miss playing our old Big 8 foes EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR.
  • While extremely well done, and entertaining, I don't want to see any more hype videos from Nebraska's media deparment until Nebraska actually makes a bowl game.
  • Plus1 3
  • TBH 3
1 minute ago, GSG said:

Let HH start next week. 

Defense is good but they can't be on the field 80% of the game

TOP was 50-50

We were never going to be good this year, but the sloppiness and continued mental lapses are frustrating.  Still just hoping for improvement by years end.

Overreacting to this is pointless people, CU isn't very good. Just wait until the end of the month and see what Oregon does to the hype train.

• Plus1 1

• If Sims is the prototype, Rhule prioritizes the wrong aspects at QB (i.e., athleticism over being a QB).
  • There has been no tailoring of the offense to Sims' skillset by Satterfield. Sims is our biggest issue right now, but even when we move on from him, Satterfield will continue to dampen the O.
  • Our defense showed moxie, but Colorado and especially Minnesota are two of the worst offenses we'll face this year (and Colorado still had several offensive TD's). I can't say we've learned yet that they're very good.
  • Plus1 1
1 minute ago, C-4 said:
  • If Sims is the prototype, Rhule prioritizes the wrong aspects at QB (i.e., athleticism over being a QB).
  • Our defense showed moxie, but Colorado and especially Minnesota are two of the worst offenses we'll face this year (and Colorado still had several offensive TD's). I can't say we've learned yet that they're very good.
  • There has been no tailoring of the offense to Sims' skillset by Satterfield. Sims is our biggest issue right now, but even when we move on from him, Satterfield will continue to damped the O.

I don't think colorado will be one of the worst offenses we play

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 1