Triaging the QB room

Scarlet

5 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Small sample size.  Purdy has played 'some' but if you compare how Sims and HH have started off it's a wash.

Purdy has 107 pass attempts in his career. HH has 152. More or less a 2 game difference. The sample size is close enough. HH has a 7:6 TD/INT, Purdy is 1:1.

The comparison is fine and fair.

6 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Purdy has 107 pass attempts in his career. HH has 152. More or less a 2 game difference. The sample size is close enough. HH has a 7:6 TD/INT, Purdy is 1:1.

The comparison is fine and fair.

Even a 1 game difference can make all the difference.  Again small sample size.  It probably doesn't matter anyway who's playing back there this year.  I still don't see the harm in seeing what or how he might respond if HH or Sims are still fumbling and bumbling.

Also thanks for the 'Warning' Mavric!!!

LUUUUULZ

12 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

Sorry, it's season total fumble leaders in the NCAA lol. Really fumbled the bit not including that relevant context

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/player-stat/fumbles

Thank you.   I didn’t put 2 and 2 together based on the few posts before yours about fumbles.  

I thought the source was trying to assign HH a higher “value” to a team than the others listed which would have been crazy in some of those cases like Ward.  

• Plus1 1

I don't know if you can treat Purdy's experience equally when it was under a totally different staff asking him to do different things. Personally, I'd like to see him get a shot for at least a series or two - I think Rhule said something along the lines of "he throws the ball the best" in the fall. Our offense has just been so deficient in the passing game that I think even if Purdy is worse than Haarberg overall, if he is a step up in the passing game I would buy that the offense could be better. I'd trade some of our run game for more of a pass game.

That being said, I'm sure the coaches have considered that and don't feel Purdy's edge in the passing game outweighs Haarberg's in the run game. I'd still like to see, but rotating QBs is tough.

26 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Even a 1 game difference can make all the difference.  Again small sample size.  It probably doesn't matter anyway who's playing back there this year.  I still don't see the harm in seeing what or how he might respond if HH or Sims are still fumbling and bumbling.

LUUUUULZ

Well, Chubba has played in 4 more games... Pretty sure the numbers tells us enough to make an educated decision.

HH is better than Sims, and if HH and Chunba are pretty even then any sane coach sticks with HH unless he goes off the rails. He's commanded this team to a 5-2 record in 7 starts; with a patch work O line, backfield, and WR corps.

• Plus1 1

44 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

I say throw him in there.  I mean that's basically what Rhule and Satterfield are doing now.  Give him a series.  Who knows.

I don't think he'd make much of a positive difference either honestly but at the same time it's not actually that absurd of a thought.

Why throw in a QB who isn’t getting many reps in practice?  If a move to another QB is going to happen, it will need to start in practice, and that hasn’t happened.

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Lulz

Lulz

Derp...

1 hour ago, suh_fan93 said:

LUUUUULZ

1 hour ago, suh_fan93 said:

Hmmmmmdeeeerp

We've got some top-notch message board engagement here, guys. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 3

Lulz

At this rate I'd try 3rd, 4th or 5th string QB it's that bad. 

Way better than Kool-Aid world I know that for sure...

I wanted to see Sims.  He was 2nd string.  Those 3 plays were.....interesting.  I don't need to see anything behind him.  I'm good.  Ride or die with Harby.

What we should all be hoping for is we have boots on the ground trying to steal 1-2 QBs in the portal for 2024.

8 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Lulz

At this rate I'd try 3rd, 4th or 5th string QB it's that bad. 

Way better than Kool-Aid world I know that for sure...

Lulz

Yes and I'm so glad he has as large of a sample size as our other two really good quarterbacks.

Derp...

7 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

LUUUUULZ

3af703923cd5b89346d82c4357e38b70.jpg

• Haha 2
  • TBH 1