What did we learn Michigan Game

With the easy transfer rules, the recruiting rankings don't mean much on their own. You have to look at who stuck around and reevaluate them every season. Also, we've juiced the numbers by recruiting a bunch of high ranked players at the same position while being a complete bust at other positions.
It's like Darnell Hayes said on SNL Black Jeopardy.....what we got is what we got, just play the game, maybe you'll win some money.

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

The bad news is how lame NU looked.

The good news is how lame the West looks.  

This is kind of where I’m at.

Im actually coming around on HH.  I think he’s going to get better.  Good enough to be the future?  I don’t know.

I like how young the D is.  

At the end of the day, we just are not on the level of Michigan, but I still believe in the process.

And yes, the west is absolute trash.  I’m still optimistic that the can find 4 more wins.  A bowl feels like a Natty at this point.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2

1 minute ago, DefenderAO said:

Who is actively teaching HH to throw the ball sidearm?  Michigan obviously saw it on film and batted multiple balls down. 

There may be times it works to get around flailing linemen arms, but it no way should it be the default. It turns a 6’4” QB to 5’9”. 

Rhule don't care. He is evaluating the players & competition in the Big 10. This is his process.  I'm guessing he will hit portal hard in the off season.  Sad

11 hours ago, RedDenver said:

We don't have anyone on our roster that would start for Michigan. Maybe not even make Michigan's two deep.

This is a giant rebuild that's going to take several recruiting classes.

I believe people were saying the same thing last year and this year we actually have a former Husker starting for Michigan

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
24 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

Who is actively teaching HH to throw the ball sidearm?  Michigan obviously saw it on film and batted multiple balls down. 

There may be times it works to get around flailing linemen arms, but it no way should it be the default. It turns a 6’4” QB to 5’9”. 

I had no idea Haarberg threw sidearm like that, but he probably shouldn’t have been recruited to Nebraska in the first place. Im not sure if Frost was facing a lot of pressure from in-state fans to take Haarberg, but Frost’s QB recruiting after Martinez was abysmal. 

• Plus1 2
10 hours ago, lo country said:

Bo left the cupboard empty for Riley who had to go all Calibraska, 

Yeah, that's not at all the case.  I'm not much of a Tommy Armstrong fan but he was a productive college quarterback.  Andy Janovich was an NFL player.  Brandon Reilly, Jordan Westerkamp, DPE and Stanley Morgan is a pretty good group of receivers, plus Cethan Carter.  Sterup, Gates, Foster and Farmer is a good base for an OL.  Vincent Valentine, Maliek Collins and the Davis twins were all NFL defensive linemen.  Luke Gifford is an NFL linebacker and Josh Banderas got a sniff.  Chris Jones, Josh Kalu, and Nathan Gerry were all NFL defensive backs and I think Byerson Cockrell got a cup of coffee in the NFL.  

If that's a bare cupboard, sign me up for a lot of bare.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 5