** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 hour ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Just ran across this on Twitter. Chris Fowler has to be about as connected as anybody from the media in college football, so yeah, would appear to be some good/legit news.

Good old Fowler, ever the old buffalo, sitting atop his mountainous throne, keeping watch over their flatlander neighbors... 

I miss playing Colorado. 

5 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

That's because for those folks it's Frost or bust at this point. I want Frost as much as the next Husker fan, but he's not the only good coach out there. 

I think its because frost crosses off so many wants.

Has nebraska ties  /

Knows about nebraska culture  /

Is a successful coach  /

Worked under TO and won a NC  /

Would get the splash hire we looked for 3 yers ago  /

Runs a system that could work here  /

Has a successful team in place that would most likely go with him  /

And most importantly

Would piss off ESPN because they think that coming to nebraska is a fools thing to do because we are a dead program in the heartland of the country who they never liked or understand how a program like ours can strive when they know the only real talent is in the SEC.

• Plus1 8
1 minute ago, MacNCheeze said:

Has nebraska ties  /

Is a successful coach  /

And most importantly

Would piss off ESPN because they think that coming to nebraska is a fools thing to do because we are a dead program in the heartland of the country who they never liked or understand how a program like ours can strive when they know the only real talent is in the SEC.

Generous wording. "Played" is the one I think you were looking for, and yes there is a difference.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, MacNCheeze said:

Has nebraska ties  /

Is a successful coach  /

And most importantly

Don't disagree with any of that, for me personally I'm trying to keep myself calm and assume nothing. We've screwed this up the past 3 times so for us to get it right for once would be fantastic. I agree that Frost "fits like a glove" for the program and want nothing more than for him to come here. I'm just protecting myself some by not assuming he's going to come here. 

Man, things are looking sour over at Florida. They’ve realized Scott is gone and panic has set in. Their “sources” (which I’ll say unless they have a poster named Ledley Hammar should be taken with a grain of salt) say that the group being focused on after Frost is Dana H, Mike Leach and Mullen. 

And their current state  is because of their own doing. Their search has been done in such a loose lipped, smug fashion it’s not surprising to them where they are at now. Our search has been going on and Moos has spoken once on the subject and won’t speak again until he’s announcing our new coach... their AD has said tons, weird messages on twitter and appears to be at odds with boosters and former coaches.

damn happy we’ve got who we do running our show.

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, bisonwiches said:

Man, things are looking sour over at Florida. They’ve realized Scott is gone and panic has set in. Their “sources” (which I’ll say unless they have a poster named Ledley Hammar should be taken with a grain of salt) say that the group being focused on after Frost is Dana H, Mike Leach and Mullen. 

And their current state  is because of their own doing. Their search has been done in such a loose lipped, smug fashion it’s not surprising to them where they are at now. Our search has been going on and Moos has spoken once on the subject and won’t speak again until he’s announcing our new coach... their AD has said tons, weird messages on twitter and appears to be at odds with boosters and former coaches.

damn happy we’ve got who we do running our show.

Agreed, it's a mess down there and it'll be interesting to see how it turns out for them in the end. 

14 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

It was just a good opportunity for me to question the Grundin love.  I don’t get how any could seriously consider him for a head coach at a major college program.

Because he is an enigma among the coaching ranks.  The right fit and he could do some good things.  It won't be college though and his window of coaching is closing.

5 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Don't disagree with any of that, for me personally I'm trying to keep myself calm and assume nothing. We've screwed this up the past 3 times so for us to get it right for once would be fantastic. I agree that Frost "fits like a glove" for the program and want nothing more than for him to come here. I'm just protecting myself some by not assuming he's going to come here. 

Yea im kinda over the rational part.  Honestly ive been over it since the purdue game.  Hopefully the end is near.

• Plus1 1

Let me make this clear:

Frost is our front runner and we are his.  But nothing, let me repeat NOTHING, is a done deal like many are saying.  Agreements may have been made but until ink dries on paper nothing is a lock.  We know Frost wants this job and we know we are focusing on him.  But just like recruiting anything can happen.

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, Redux said:

Because he is an enigma among the coaching ranks.  The right fit and he could do some good things.  It won't be college though and his window of coaching is closing.

Agree.

Only difference between him and Callahan is personality and branding.  Their resumes are very similar.

Ironically, his brand as a football Guru, has grown significantly as an analyst on ESPN.    Pretty impressive actually.  He has become a coaching legend without coaching.

1 minute ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Agree.

Only difference between him and Callahan is personality and branding.  Their resumes are very similar.

Ironically, his brand as a football Guru, has grown significantly as an analyst on ESPN.    Pretty impressive actually.  He has become a coaching legend without coaching.

The guy sleeps like 3-4 hours a night, gets up and studies film.  He would be an invaluable asset to any team in one form or fashion.

4 minutes ago, Redux said:

Let me make this clear:

Frost is our front runner and we are his.  But nothing, let me repeat NOTHING, is a done deal like many are saying.  Agreements may have been made but until ink dries on paper nothing is a lock.  We know Frost wants this job and we know we are focusing on him.  But just like recruiting anything can happen.

I agree with this but let me just add, no way Moos says what he has about Frost, letting people know that he likes his offense, that we’re interested in him, explaining that he’s in the middle of a run that shouldn’t be disturbed, and then leave any possibility we don’t land him. No way Moos is going to backpeddle from that and have to admit openly that we didn’t get the number one guy on our list, that some other school beat us out for the top prospect who has admitted this is his dream job. So that tells me that it really is a done deal that just can’t be announced yet. I just can’t imagine any other scenario playing out after all that has been said.

• Plus1 3