All hail the transfer portal....

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Mavric said:

Talk about going from the penthouse to the outhouse....

Ohio State will slowly take a step back over the next couple years.  I just dont see Day sustaining Urban Meyer level football forever.  Its easy the first year you come into a house with that solid of a foundation.  Another reason Solich's quick decline was fire-worthy imo.  Nebraska had such a solid foundation that Mike Riley could have done as well as Solich for a couple years.  Our mistake was the next hire.

6 hours ago, BigPeterJ said:

Ohio State will slowly take a step back over the next couple years.  I just dont see Day sustaining Urban Meyer level football forever.  Its easy the first year you come into a house with that solid of a foundation.  Another reason Solich's quick decline was fire-worthy imo.  Nebraska had such a solid foundation that Mike Riley could have done as well as Solich for a couple years.  Our mistake was the next hire.

I thought the same thing coming into this year but Day actually has them playing better than under Meyer.  The Mattison hire was a great one.  I'm not convinced there will be any drop off at all now if he continues to recruit as well as they have been.

• Plus1 2

23 hours ago, BigPeterJ said:

Day is a good ball coach.  I don’t know if he could have got Ohio state to where they are at talent wise, but I think he is good enough to keep them there. Going undefeated and having the type of season Fields had should hep attract top tier talent.  

• Plus1 1

Yes please

Roche, a redshirt junior, will be a graduate transfer at his next stop. The midseason All-American was a star for the Owls this past season, posting 13 sacks and 19 tackles for loss. Roche led the team in both categories and also finished the year with 49 tackles. The 6-foot-4, 235-pound edge rusher has posted at least nine tackles for loss every season of his career. 

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1

On 12/31/2019 at 1:19 PM, seaofred92 said:

Yes please

On 12/31/2019 at 2:40 PM, gorp512 said:

Just came here to post this. He's already a Day 2 draft pick and, with the right system, can work himself into the first round. Money is on Baylor if Rhule stays. 

On 1/3/2020 at 1:13 PM, LumberJackSker said:

This is the pass rusher at olb that chin desperately needs. Any of our coaches following him on twitter?

32 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

My #1 wish list grad transfer for 2020 would be James Lynch from Baylor.

I have no idea if he plans to enter the draft, return to Baylor, or transfer but the Ruhle news got me thinking. 

No legs here, just an observation/comment. 

If I'm thinking of the right kid, he was fun to watch when Temple was on television.

Would love to have him here, but we're already 2 or 3 scholarships over the limit as it is, IIRC. 

1 minute ago, VectorVictor said:

If I'm thinking of the right kid, he was fun to watch when Temple was on television.

Would love to have him here, but we're already 2 or 3 scholarships over the limit as it is, IIRC. 

We have room for two more in this class. The total number just needs figured out by fall camp and will naturally. 

On 12/15/2019 at 9:05 PM, Husker in WI said:

I think Damion is good, he just couldn't play long stretches at a time last year. Hopefully better equipped to do so this year. But grad transfer NTs of his caliber or better don't grow on trees. I hope ee get one, but seems like Ty is slated to play a lot there as well. 

If grad transfer NTs did grow on trees....

8182400-4x3-940x705.jpg

:D

• Haha 4