Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

11 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

The way people talk about not wanting to bring in QB talent, is weird to me. It would be really weird if people said “let’s not bring in another WR, we already have Alante Brown, or let’s not bring in another kicker, we already have Culp”. We have zero proven pieces at QB - we should be trying to stock that room with talent. 

No, people are saying let’s not bring in an also-ran and treat him like he’s Joe Namath.

It would be weird to imply the starting QB position belongs to a new guy who is no better than two of the guys we already have.

How about we see how Smothers can do with a real passing game and work on Haarberg who seems to have an arm but needs a “qb whisperer” to tell him how to use it?

At this point I don’t see any superstars coming here.

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Purdy is a long term move, no different than Smothers. This staff has to win immediately and this isn't the move that gets them a proven guy to do that.  Simply listening to the narrative you're fed is what I would call naive, but you do you.

I also enjoyed the umlaut on naive, haven't seen that in a while.

Lol thanks. It auto corrected to that and it looked cool so I kept it. 

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

No, people are saying let’s not bring in an also-ran and treat him like he’s Joe Namath.

It would be weird to imply the starting QB position belongs to a new guy who is no better than two of the guys we already have.

How about we see how Smothers can do with a real passing game and work on Haarberg who seems to have an arm but needs a “qb whisperer” to tell him how to use it?

At this point I don’t see any superstars coming here.

Haha... Joe Burrow says hello. The whole first part of your post is regurgitating everything that was said about him on this board.

2 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Haha... Joe Burrow says hello. The whole first part of your post is regurgitating everything that was said about him on this board.

You  watched Chubby and you think he’s Joe Burrow? I hope you’re right but I’m not seeing any elite QBs looking our way. Thompson would be a good one to get in here. Don’t see Ward even giving us a sniff.

14 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

You  watched Chubby and you think he’s Joe Burrow? I hope you’re right but I’m not seeing any elite QBs looking our way. Thompson would be a good one to get in here. Don’t see Ward even giving us a sniff.

You watched Joe Burrow and thought he would end up being Joe Burrow? 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
14 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Burrow had proven nothing when he walked onto LSU campus. That’s the reason we passed on him. Maybe Frost now sees the value in options at the QB position. Having two highly rated guys battle it out for the starting job is much better than handing it to one guy. 

• Plus1 2

7 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Burrow had proven nothing when he walked onto LSU campus. That’s the reason we passed on him. Maybe Frost now sees the value in options at the QB position. Having two highly rated guys battle it out for the starting job is much better than handing it to one guy. 

Especially when you take into consideration the possibility of a QB injury. 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

We could have had higher rated guys in our QB room.  Last year,  we could have had either Jake Garcia or Demetrius Davis but we ended up with Haarberg.  We cooled on Garcia because he wasn't "mobile" enough and Davis decided to go another route because he didn't want to run the ball 15 times a game.  

• Plus1 1
37 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

People who watched Joe Burrow didn't think he was Joe Burrow. Gotta match QB talent to the offensive scheme and existing talent. If the coaches think he's a fit, I'll watch it play out before I launch into the pit of despair. 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

We offer walk ons who barely contribute every year because we have unused scholarships, bringing in multiple QBs to compete for the most important job on the team seems like a better use to me…

I would be 100% on board of bringing in both Purdy and Thompson.  I just don't think that Purdy and Thompson are both going to want to come here, as both are going to be looking to be "the guy".

• Plus1 1