** 2023 Opponent Preview : Colorado (Game 2) **

TGHusker

• 3 weeks later...

3 minutes ago, Cornfed said:

Nowhere near their obsession with us. 

Especially since Deion did the old Bill McCartney obsession of not allowing red in the locker room.  I know NU plays CU early in the season, but why is Deion so worried about Nebraska?  They aren't in the same conference, and they probably never will be again.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Especially since Deion did the old Bill McCartney obsession of not allowing red in the locker room.  I know NU plays CU early in the season, but why is Deion so worried about Nebraska?  They aren't in the same conference, and they probably never will be again.

Just a guess...they will get wrecked by TCU...

The shine wears off really fast with then lose 45-10...that second game, that home game vs NU needs to be something "special" so you hype it up with the "no red" bit.

CU has maybe 4 winnable games on their schedule.  If they start off 0-2, they will probably end up lucky to get 2 wins on the season.  

• Plus1 5
  • TBH 1
Just now, teachercd said:

Just a guess...they will get wrecked by TCU...

The shine wears off really fast with then lose 45-10...that second game, that home game vs NU needs to be something "special" so you hype it up with the "no red" bit.

CU has maybe 4 winnable games on their schedule.  If they start off 0-2, they will probably end up lucky to get 2 wins on the season.  

Oh yeah, I know why Deion is putting the emphasis on NU, because they will likely get boat-raced by TCU, and it's the home opener for Deion in Boulder.  It's just silly.

22 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

He's not worried,  he's a smart marketer. He's getting the base riled up, giving the players and boosters a narrative and getting everyone hyped on it. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2