WR Jamire Calvin [Washington State - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

155 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Schaefer is wrong imo. It's over for Nebraska at least. Think we moved on quickly considering the offer to Thompson and Hawkins visiting.

I do agree that we need to move onto our other targets. He would have been nice, but there are plenty of other wideouts interested in coming to Nebraska with the QB's we now have on the roster and Riley's desire to pass the ball more.

Was reading this article:

A trip to California is planned for Nebraska coaches.

It might start with a trip to Los Angeles to see Jamire Calvin, who committed to Oregon State over Nebraska on Saturday during the U.S. Army All-American Bowl.

But sources told Land of 10 on Monday that Calvin might not end up at Oregon State. The Calvin and Nebraska saga is far from over, and Nebraska coaches will probably want to talk to Calvin first during this visiting period to figure out what exactly is going on. Calvin had been leaning toward Nebraska for months, and he was reportedly the silent commit so many 2017 commits alluded to for months.

https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/nebraskas-dead-period-coaches-will-likely-visit-visiting

And came across a link to this nugget.

It isn’t over.

A Land of 10 source on Monday said the recruitment of 4-star wide receiver Jamire Calvin, who committed to Oregon State over Nebraska during the U.S. Army All-American Bowl on Saturday, is far from finished.

https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/nebraska-recruiting-notebook-4-star-wr-jamire-calvins-recruitment-not-yet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Fire 1

Let him live with his decision. Go after kids that want to be here. If he is having changes of heart now, he might have a change of heart later down the road and transfer. Never got a good vibe with this player. Just a feeling he was using us for twitter followers. I say move on, but its up to the coaches.

I'm not sure where I'm at with him being wishy washy. You either want to be here or you don't but be sure before you commit.

I am with you on this. I kind of want to be like you made your decision, live with it. However, maybe there was something else going on that only he and/or his family knows about. What I do know is that the coaches need to put the time in with the guys that want to here at Nebraska. If this kid is showing any hesitation the coaches have to move on if they cannot trust him or know where he truly stands.

Let him live with his decision. Go after kids that want to be here. If he is having changes of heart now, he might have a change of heart later down the road and transfer. Never got a good vibe with this player. Just a feeling he was using us for twitter followers. I say move on, but its up to the coaches.

Thank god it's up to the coaches and not you then. You don't turn away that kind of talent and if he explodes and is amazing, you'd regret that decision.

• Fire 1
  • Mavric unlocked this topic