Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

2 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Elite arm talent

Very competitive

Proven ability to win close games at the end

Possibly got humbled a little bit with how the past year played out

And part of me wonders if our offense is full of good talent but very passive personalities and may benefit from a guy bringing a little douchiness into the mix

It could work, it might not, and this all may be completely moot because we might not even have a chance at him, but just pointing things out.

Sam Keller?

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Sam said (paraphrasing): "He hasn't entered the portal yet.  He could stay at his school, enter the draft, or enter the portal."

So it is probably someone who has already played 3 or 4 years.

Brennan Armstrong from UVA (mentioned above) makes sense in that scenario.  Whipple is familiar with him since they are in the same conference.  He lost his coach this year.  From 3 days ago -> Brennan Armstrong waiting on NFL evaluation, UVA coaching transition before determining future

2021 stats: 65.3% 404 ypg 31 TDs 10 INTs

NOOOOOO! GOD NOOO! WE MUST BREAK THE TIME LOOP!!!!    We cannot go Lee----> Martinez ---> Armstrong -----> Lee-----> Martinez ----> Armstrong. 

Please, make it stop.....

I also can't bear to go another full season with the announcers using the wrong first name when discussing our QB. If Adrian had a Nickle for every time he was called Taylor, he could probably buy his own NFL team. 

• Haha 6
31 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Sam said (paraphrasing): "He hasn't entered the portal yet.  He could stay at his school, enter the draft, or enter the portal."

So it is probably someone who has already played 3 or 4 years.

Brennan Armstrong from UVA (mentioned above) makes sense in that scenario.  Whipple is familiar with him since they are in the same conference.  He lost his coach this year.  From 3 days ago -> Brennan Armstrong waiting on NFL evaluation, UVA coaching transition before determining future

2021 stats: 65.3% 404 ypg 31 TDs 10 INTs

Armstrong seems pretty damn good!

• Plus1 3

I get the excitement, and maybe Whipple can influence some, but why would any high profile transfer QB want in on 3-9/4 straight losing seasons? There are going to be winning teams asking for their services also.

Not simply being negative, I am genuinely wondering if someone can list reasonable reasons why you would consider Nebraska over other schools if it was you in this scenario. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, runningblind said:

I get the excitement, and maybe Whipple can influence some, but why would any high profile transfer QB want in on 3-9/4 straight losing seasons? There are going to be winning teams asking for their services also.

Not simply being negative, I am genuinely wondering if someone can list reasonable reasons why you would consider Nebraska over other schools if it was you in this scenario. 

Virginia has like 40k fans per game at home. I would imagine it would be pretty cool to play in front of 90k at a place like Nebraska for a final year. 

• Plus1 1
58 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Is Duggan in the portal? Seems like it would be a no brainer given his interest in HS, our new QB coach and his situation at TCU.

No unfortunately, and a month ago he was still on board with the Frogs.  And they got a good new coach too.

Max Duggan remains committed to TCU this season and beyond

Duggan has been gutting through playing with a broken bone in his foot since October, and he said he will remain a Horned Frog no matter who the next head coach is.

https://www.frogsowar.com/2021/11/24/22800517/max-duggan-remains-committed-to-tcu-this-season-and-beyond

12 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

NOOOOOO! GOD NOOO! WE MUST BREAK THE TIME LOOP!!!!    We cannot go Lee----> Martinez ---> Armstrong -----> Lee-----> Martinez ----> Armstrong. 

Please, make it stop.....

I also can't bear to go another full season with the announcers using the wrong first name when discussing our QB. If Adrian had a Nickle for every time he was called Taylor, he could probably buy his own NFL team. 

This would be amazing. Next year would be 14 years with a QB named either Lee, Martinez, or Armstrong. (I know we had a handful of starts from a Kellogg, Fyfe, Vedral, McCaffery etc in there).

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Virginia has like 40k fans per game at home. I would imagine it would be pretty cool to play in front of 90k at a place like Nebraska for a final year. 

Not to mention a game in Ireland and at the Big House

• Plus1 1
48 minutes ago, Huskinator said:

Me?!?  I’ve been here forever and lurked for longer before that!  

I’ll attest to that. I’ve seen Huskinator post before. I’ve been on the board for about 5 years myself. Lived through the new admin and these stupid ads (still hate them!) I’ve also changed names once. 

most of the guys I talk to on here know me for posting silly crap and trying to have some fun. It’s all in good humor. However, this cycle is the first time I’ve had any actual intel on anything College football. My coworker’s nephew plays at LSU, so I had heard how upset the players were that MJ was leaving. The other is this connection to Rattler. Other than that, I’m just here for the jokes and the fooseball insight. GBR.

• Plus1 2