***The 2022 Offensive Line***

suh_fan93

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

fans will blow crap like this up bigger than it deserves.  

I mean, there's players in the college football world like Maryland offensive lineman Jordan McNair, who died after collapsing in practice a few years ago. Even with a bit of hyperbole, this is not OK, at all.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 2

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

Is there money in the Athletic Dept. budget for media training for Frost? Even if this is hyperbole, even if players hurling during practice happens all over, you HAVE to know this is not something you can just breezily mention to the press without it blowing up on social media. 

You're in the spotlight now. Just say some bland nothing and move on. Coach Speak 101.

I'm actually enjoying Scott more and more. 

The coachspeak was getting to me.  Now, I'm seeing him as more of "the Benny Hinn of coaching".  

Scott can simply "Name It & Claim It", "Blab It & Grab It" ... and it's his.  He wears that white coat like Benny and takes it off, swirls it at the audience and everyone just falls over ... well, until he plays a team.  Then, we find out he is a "fake healer".  

He sorta reminds me of OJ as well, ya know, "if it doesn't fit, you must acquit".  He will find an excuse as to why there is blood on the console of his Ford Bronco and spend the rest of his life looking for the killer.  

Every year it's something I suppose.  It's always something like, "we are one player away".  Then, he gaslight us like he didn't really say or mean that.

Remember this, "We're close," Frost said. "...I'm really excited about the rest of this year. I'm really excited about about next year. I hope we get it. I think we should. ... With the young guys we've got coming back and an opportunity to go out and get a few more pieces to add to that, I think this thing could be really good."

Then we won three [3] games.

"As the world turns ... so are the days of our lives" with Scott leading the way.  

Get your humor out of this.  It doesn't look like you will get many wins.

Why are we making a big deal out of kids puking at practice. Talk about a bunch of non-sense. It is like people just aren’t happy unless they are finding ways to b!^@h. I have coached HS football and track for over a qtr century. Our goal has never been to have kids get sick during practice, in fact, I HATE it when it happens, but guess what, kids puke during practices. PERIOD. We have kids of all sports, girls bb, jr hi wrestling… puke at practice. We WORK HARD. It is perfectly fine if someone pukes at practice, doesn’t mean you or your program has problems. For God’s sake, I challenge anyone who has a problem with this to try to find a program (HS or NCAA) that doesn’t have someone puke at practice once in awhile. SMH

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
3 minutes ago, HANC said:

Why are we making a big deal out of kids puking at practice. Talk about a bunch of non-sense. It is like people just aren’t happy unless they are finding ways to b!^@h. I have coached HS football and track for over a qtr century. Our goal has never been to have kids get sick during practice, in fact, I HATE it when it happens, but guess what, kids puke during practices. PERIOD. We have kids of all sports, girls bb, jr hi wrestling… puke at practice. We WORK HARD. It is perfectly fine if someone pukes at practice, doesn’t mean you or your program has problems. For God’s sake, I challenge anyone who has a problem with this to try to find a program (HS or NCAA) that doesn’t have someone puke at practice once in awhile. SMH

One of the best football players to come out of my hometown in the last 10 years told me he puked before every game.

My daughter would puke after just about every cross country race she ran.  

It happens.  Yes to the bolded.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
25 minutes ago, HANC said:

We aren't talking about someone puking at practice once in a while. We're talking about Frost telling the media that our OL group is puking 15-20 times every day.

It's a notable enough thing for him to have said. If it was a normal "oh sometimes players puke it happens", it wouldn't be any sort of a deal at all, because people understand that it sometimes happens, and a coach wouldn't ever feel the need to bring it up.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1