***Official Head Coaching Search Discussion***

iamanewby

These coaches should be on the short list:

1. Craig Bohl - Better head coach than he was a coordinator. He GETS Nebraska.
  2. Jim McElwain
  3. Scott Frost - It could be his time.

If he could out-power FBS schools like Bill Snyder-led K-State time and again with NDSU's resources, imagine what he could do with ours. Wouldn't it be nice to watch the Badgers powerless to stop our rushing attack for a change?

Exactly! Craig Bohl would bring back Power Football to Nebraska.

He would also fully restore the Blackshirt tradition, especially how the handing out of those blackshirts should be done, and the type of play expected from a blackshirt.

• Fire 1

There is only one I can think of, but it's a long shot: art Briles. Don't think he would leave but Baylor doesn't have the tradition, support or facilities of nebraska.

I wish people would quit bringing up Art Briles--it isn't going to f*****g happen, no matter how much we throw at him. Coaching in the SWC/Big XII is his dream, and He turned down an interview with Texass Tech (his alma matter) to stay at Baylor.

Frankly, poaching Kill is more realistic, and that has a Minnesota snowball's chance in Texass of happening.

I guess I'm really surprised by all this Kill hype, do we really think he is the answer?

I think kill is an answer, but not the first one I would go for. It's mostly a bi-product of:

1. Kill's teams have out-muscled us two years in a row.

2. He seems to have a dedicated running system that could be truly dynamic with our access to talent.

Doubt it's him.

I guess I'm really surprised by all this Kill hype, do we really think he is the answer?

Yeah Kill is good, he represents what Nebraska is about, and he is getting some National attention with Minnesota. Imagine what he would do at Nebraska.
His recruiting would drive people nuts.

Tressel is a good hire and would be a great fit. I think he could do the job, and Nebraska could supply ample sweater vests.

Upon further thought I think, and this is all hypothetical, Richt is in the mix, Tressel is in the mix, and maybe an unknown D-1 coach with up and coming ability we aren't looking at.

I however would like to see Patterson, Johnson, and even Bielema at least looked at. Briles would be a nice fit, but Baylor just built a new stadium, and has upgraded its facilities with the help of RG3's money. Baylor, more than likely will play for in the playoffs this season and if healthy, could win the whole thing. Would you leave a program with all that going on right now?

This program doesn't need hype or a scheme, it needs leadership. Hiring a coach because their already built offense or defense performs well is how we got here.

Bill Snyder is 75 and the only reason TO retired is because of his handshake with Frank.

I hope they bring in Moglia or Tressel as HC and go after high caliber DC/OCs. These two would provide leadership and we would could build HC level coordinators.

• Fire 1