Bowl Game - Huskers Decline

SDHUSKER

21 hours ago, KCBuc said:

Any chance NU will change up to an attacking and disruptive 3-4 with all these extra practices? It’s what I want for Christmas but it will probably be more coal. 

If you can find the kind of legit pass rushing OLB that we've failed to recruit like five years in a row now, then sure.

• Plus1 1

On 12/16/2020 at 10:32 AM, Cdog923 said:

I'm probably in the minority here, but it's a hard, hard pass on a bowl game this year. Just end this dumpster fire of a season. 

If we lose tomorrow and we come out flat like we did last week, I tend to agree with you. However, if we do win and play good, it would be beneficial for this team and especially the coaches to get extra reps. God knows both the players and our coaches could use more practice. 

• Plus1 3

Word is Ohio State, Iowa, Indiana and Northwestern are planning to play in bowl games.

Maryland, Illinois, Michigan, Michigan State and Purdue are done.

That leaves Nebraska, Rutgers, Penn State, Wisconsin and Minnesota to fill bowls.

Rutgers is said to only play in one if they win tonight.  Penn State would like to play.  Speculation that Wisconsin and Minnesota may call it a season after their game.

• Plus1 3

27 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Hoping for a bowl and a good, fun experience for the players.  Give them something to shoot for next season.  

I hope it's fun for the players. 

Given the better teams that voted almost unanimously to end the season rather than play meaningless games in a pandemic over the holidays, I'm not sure. 

The slots will be filled because ESPN has guaranteed the money, but that adds pressure on unpaid college students to take one for the team. 

If they really, truly want to play, I'll watch. Just doesn't feel like college football's proudest moment right now.  

2 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

Hoping for a bowl and a good, fun experience for the players.  Give them something to shoot for next season.  

I'm just not sure a bowl game will be a fun experience for the players considering the covid protocols and the amount of lockdowns.  Depending on which bowl, their parents might not even be able to attend.  A bowl game this year more than likely will be viewed by most players as just another game in a strange, weird season.  I hope they do make a bowl, but I doubt the experience will be viewed as fun for most.

No clue if we show up today. My confidence was highest we would  beat Illinois and Minnesota. We are utterly unpredictable this year in terms  of playing teams we should beat based on better  talent  or COVID issues. Overall our coaching/preparation  is poor  IMO. A bowl game would be good for the players. Let's all hope Frost has the foresight to clean up some of this mess in  the off season.

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Bowl Game - Huskers Decline